The iPhone 4S being announced just a day before creator of iPhone, Steve Jobs’ passing away was just far too intense. AT&T released their numbers that the preorder session for Apple’s iPhone 4S was the most successful iPhone launch to date. They received over 200,000 preorders during the first twelve hours the new phone model was put on sale.
In a statement issued by a company spokesperson, “AT & T has seen extraordinary demand for iPhone 4S with more than 200,000 preorders in the first 12 hours alone, the most successful iPhone launch we’ve ever had.” WSJ is reporting that the total volume of iPhone 4S pre-orders have topped the 1,000,000 mark.
Despite a rough start for AT & T because of problems in processing customer eligibility on their sales site and some minor rubs on Apple’s online store, preorders started flooding the site after midnight Pacific time.
The iPhone 4 which was launched last year had 600,000 preorders on its first day and this had set record for Apple and carrier partners. Previously launched exclusively on AT & T in the United States, the iPhone 4S is now also available for preorder from multiple carriers ahead of the scheduled simultaneous launches in Canada, France, Australia, Japan, Germany, and United Kingdom next Friday.
The reported data by AT & T just shows how well Apple’s upcoming iPhone model is selling. Although some people registered their disappointment because the new iPhone did not receive a full overhaul, this did not quell the interest of many mobile users who want to get their hands on the device. As of press time, Apple has not yet unveiled its own data of total preorder volume from all of its carrier partners.
Additional pieces of information reveal that AT & Tis in the process of releasing LTE for its HSPA+ network to be branded as “4G”. The network’s branding effort shows no signs of stopping or slowing down. As a matter of fact, it is working with Apple to change the indicator in the iPhone 4S to show “4G” in the phone’s status bar.
At this point we’ll have to endure a whole new set of accessories which are essentially the same as the iPhone 4 accessories, now just branded to coincide with the iPhone 4S.
- Get more involved in the Find 5 development with the Oppo Ambassador program
- Siri would let anyone bypass your iPhone lockscreen passcode unless you tweak the settings
- Google Assistant for Android to Challenge iPhone’s Siri
- HP internal testing reveals webOS running twice as fast on iPad
- HTC One X+ and HTC One VX for AT&T hands-on
- Samsung Galaxy Nexus Coming This Year
- Angry Birds celebrates over 1 billion downloads, teases a new game
- Scosche CellControl Disables Mobile Phones Within Moving Vehicles, Sort of
- Twitter and Instagram update apps with new photo filters
- We check out Sony’s ‘Night of Imagination’ featuring top UK artist Labrinth