Amazon is debuting a new holiday shopping app that is geared towards kids. “Amazon Santa” is a free app for Android and iOS that allows children and their parents to create holiday Wish Lists to share with friends, family, and Santa Claus as well.
Essentially, the Amazon Santa app brings the e-commerce giant’s wish list capabilities to a kid-friendly app and is a great way to browse and search for more than 500,000 toys, games, books, and clothes. Kids can then make a a list to send to “Santa”, while also allowing parents to send the list to grandparents, friends, family, and keep a copy for themselves as well.
Parents can review and edit the list when needed and will also show items that have been purchased, similarly to a gift registry.
While not the most exciting app on the market, for those of us with children it could certainly be a useful tool. For those with younger kids, it can be a fun way to get them to “let Santa know what they want”, while giving you ideas as well.
- Motorola Atrix ad banned over claims of being “most powerful smartphone”
- US planning patent probe, as Google strengthens hand
- Sony’s Xperia launcher is now available for any Android device running Ice Cream Sandwich
- Siri legitimately lands on the iPhone 4, end users still have to wait though
- RIM announces BlackBerry Bold 9790 and ‘all-touch’ Curve 9380
- Gmail turns 9, gets a cool infographic to celebrate
- MIT Team Prints Solar Cells on Cloth and PET
- Google acquires Quickoffice, promises to bring productivity tools to a new level
- Nokia Lumia 920 image sensor pictured, sized up against the 808 PureView
- Intel posts $2.5 billion of profit for Q4 of 2012