The Nokia 5800 and 5530 may be three years old now, but this doesn’t mean the Finns will discontinue the updates of the Symbian^1 smartphones. This screams great news for all 5800 and 5530 owners, as they were exempt from the tasty new features Symbian Anna and Belle brought to the table.
Now, though, they get the chance to taste some of the Anna-brought extras. In SW updates v. 60.0.003 and V.40.0.003 for the Nokia 5800 and 5530 respectively, Nokia has updated the old browser to the new, Symbian Anna one (v. 22.214.171.124). Nokia Maps sees another update to version 3.06, and so does the browser support, which is now optimized for better browsing experience. International domain name support as well as support for non-ASCII characters have also been added.
The updates should roll out very soon depending on your region and as always will be available over-the-air and from the update center in Nokia PC Suite.
- Nexus 4 can be forced to connect to 4G via simple tweak
- Timberland Radler trail camping shoes zip into themselves
- Versatile Sealander camping trailer is also a boat and a tent
- iPad turned studio with Alesis iO Dock
- HTC One X torn down, take a peek inside
- Samsung announces NX300, 20 megapixel mirrorless interchangeable lens camera
- The eco-friendly Samsung Galaxy Exhilarate for AT&T dropped by, here’s a hands-on
- Huawei Ascend W1 review: First look
- India adds nearly 60M mobile users in quarter
- MTN begins SA LTE pilot