The team at WebpageFX have compiled a heap of statistics pertaining to the competitive nature of of today’s smartphone app stores and how they vie for dominance in a crowded smartphone market.
As you’ll see this includes all the big hitters such as the App Store, Android Market, Blackberry App World and Nokia, Palm and Windows Phone 7′s application directories as well.
Well there’s a bunch of interesting information but what we found most interesting is that the revenue generated from 2010′s total app sales could afford enough iPhone 4′s to stack the height of the Empire State building 6700 times, just in case you were wondering.
Now, let’s get on with the more important facts.
To think, by the end of this year alone, total app sales will have almost tripled what last year equalled is truly a staggering figure and reinforces just how much power mobile apps garner in today’s global economy.
- An official Jelly Bean ROM for the Motorola Atrix 2 leaks
- How to run Android apps on your Apple iPad?
- Watch this iOS 5 vs. Windows 8 tablet showdown [VIDEO]
- Canada’s Videotron to sell Samsung Galaxy S III for $99.95 with 3 year contract
- Microsoft Xbox Surface 7-inch gaming tablet rumour returns
- HTC EVO 3D drops by for a stereoscopic visit, video inside
- Report: TIM eyes merger with 3 Italia
- Does the iPhone 5 have issues with battery life?
- Review: iPhone 4 PowerSkin battery pack
- HTC officially bows out of the tablet game