GLOBAL – It’s December and that means that the holiday season is upon us. Perhaps you were thinking of sending some cards to your friends and colleagues? Again this year, Nokia invites you to send beautiful UNICEF e-cards to people close to you. With the campaign, Nokia supports the UNICEF Schools for Africa initiative.
The card has a neutral message, with a blue picture suitable for Christmas, the Holidays or simply the New Year. At the beginning of January 2012, the card will switch to a red version for the Chinese New Year celebrated on January 23. The card is also available in Finnish and Chinese. You can send as many cards as you like, and to several email addresses at the same time.
The move is a part of Nokia’s focus on education as an area for social investment. We believe everyone has a right to education. However, due to accidents of fate and circumstance, many millions are excluded from learning opportunities.
We think that mobile technology has the opportunity to change that situation. Our efforts in the area take various forms, such as Nokia Education Delivery, Nokia Life Tools and Mobile Learning for Mathematics. We’re also delighted to support the efforts of other organizations, such as the UNICEF Schools for Africa campaign, to extend access to education.
The Schools for Africa initiative aims to create better education for children in 11 sub-Saharan countries, and provide them with a safe and protective environment where they can learn and play.
So spread the joy of giving by sending some cards today.
image credit: © Unicef Finland
- Meet the music man who makes Nokia videos rock
- The history of the emoticon
- Lumia 920 images and first impressions
- EA Games Gift: Pick of the 40 free games – part one
- Merry Mobile Holidays # 7
- The Nokia Asha as your sports companion
- A glimpse inside Nokia’s material world
- Exploring the camera features on the Nokia 301
- NRC demos the future at new opening
- Poll: Your favourite Nokia Lumia 820 shells