Without a doubt, The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows on TV right now. There’s just something about that zombie apocalypse coupled with some gripping human drama that really tears at you. And bites you. And rips into your soon to be rotting flesh. So that makes me wonder why an upcoming Facebook game based on The Walking Dead is so darn colorful.
Yes, Telltale is still hard at work on another official game based on the AMC show, but RockYou and Eyes Wide Games are bringing The Walking Dead to your Facebook wall too. While you’re likely also have to engage in some zombie combat, there are really two major tasks that you’ll be doing over and over again: maintaining base camps and scavenging for supplies.
You can check out the official FB page for more info and screens, but you’ve really got to ask why on Earth they’d make this FarmVille-like undead creation. The Walking Dead is epic, gruesome, and grim. This doesn’t seem to fit in with that style at all. I guess we’ll find out when it launches in April.
- iPad Mini 2 rumours emerge
- Xbox One Requires You to Check-In Daily, Won’t Initially Allow Rentals or Swapping of Games
- Nokia goes for shock and awe with the latest Lumia marketing campaign
- Samsung Galaxy S4 tipped to feature ‘unbreakable screen’
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-TX20 Rugged Compact Camera Looks Pretty
- ‘Circulets’ for iOS and Android game review
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date, price, features, news and rumours
- The Google Nexus 7 enters our office, gets ready to rally the Android troops
- Next version of uTorrent to include “featured torrents” as a form of advertising
- Orange Sydney says G’Day on Coming Soon page: 3.2-inch touchscreen on pay-as-you-go phone