Next week, Apple is set to unveil their Apple iPad 3 in 16GB and 32GB sizes at a special conference in San Francisco. According to DigiTimes, a source from within Apple’s supply chain says that there will also be a new version of the iPad 2 announced there as well, featuring just 8GB of memory and targeted towards the lower-end segment of the market.
This falls somewhat in-line with rumors that suggested that after the iPad 3 was launched, the iPad 2 would receive at least a $100 price cut. While most eyes will be turned towards the iPad 3 at the upcoming press conference, a lower-end iPad 2 doesn’t sound like a bad deal either. Between these new rumors of an 8GB iPad 2 and the existing idea that iPad 3 that supposedly has no home button, this press event is shaping up to be something of rather epic proportions, not.
[ source ]
- Three to stock Samsung Galaxy S Plus?
- Apple’s iTV will be ‘world’s first non-TV TV’
- Samsung Australia says it has nothing to do with “Wake up!” campaign
- FaceTime over cellular confirmed by Verizon for iPhone 5
- A shiny white Samsung Galaxy Note pays us a visit [HANDS-ON]
- iPad Mini 2 rumours emerge
- Jaw-dropping BBX-powered BlackBerry London revealed
- Skype video calling now compatible with more Android handsets
- Nokia starts ‘Time to Switch’ ad campaign, has people telling you why they love their Lumia
- Samsung Galaxy Camera extended hands-on