We’ve already seen at least one major shift for the Galaxy Note 10.1, that being the addition of a quad-core Exynos processor. But according to The Verge, that may not be the only change that the stylus-packing tablet gets before it comes to market in June. Or not – Samsung said today that there’s no firm release date for the Galaxy Note 10.1, leading to speculation that the hardware shown off at Mobile World Congress was very early indeed. While the Galaxy Tab 2 series should begin coming out at the end of the month, the Note 10.1 may have quite a bit of flux left in it’s development cycle.
According to the Samsung representative, the manufacturer brought the tablet to MWC to “make a splash” – understandable, considering the lukewarm reception that the Galaxy Tab 2 tablets got for their warmed-over hardware. The Galaxy Note 10.1 and the Galaxy Beam were Samsung’s only real reveals of note at MWC, and it’s entirely possible that the company brought “beta” hardware to the conference. From an exterior point of view, the Galaxy Note 10.1 and the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 are virtually identical – something that might also get some attention in the next few months.
The specifications are unlikely to shift too much, though we’d certainly like to see a more high-res screen after a year of ten-inch tablets from Samsung. The storage capacities are the most likely to be adjusted: both the 10-inch and the 7-inch Galaxy Tab 2 devices start at a surprisingly light 8GB to get a low entry price, and make up for it with a MicroSD card slot. That’s something that the Galaxy Note 10.1 also has, but the latter starts at a more typical 16GB.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 official: we go eyes-on on Feb 27th 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 hands-on on Feb 27th 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 arrives at FCC on Feb 28th 2012
- Samsung strikes back – compares Galaxy Note 10.1 vs new iPad on Mar 7th 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 delayed to June, getting upgrade to Exynos quad-core on Apr 6th 2012
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Review USA [Wi-fi]
- T-Mobile joins the Google Music Event Wednesday, Live music and more
- DROID Bionic update incoming with visual voicemail fixes
- Beautiful Widgets update brings multiple weather forecasts – now 50% off
- T-Mobile HD Voice and Unlimited Nationwide 4G Data plan now available
- Sony Xperia Tablet S Jelly Bean update rolling out tomorrow
- Samsung Galaxy Note II shown off in new TV ad
- LG Nitro HD ICS update due July 31st
- Nokia director says youths are confused with Android, probably doesn’t have kids
- SHADOWGUN Multiplayer in the works and coming soon